Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Morning routine



I think I have a simple palate. I would eat what my mom buys. For breakfast, she would typically buy fried noodles with fried chicken and egg, dumpling noodles etc. However, at the beginning of 2017. I have decided to put an end to this.

As part of an overhaul/reflection to my life in general, I have come to the conclusion that I need healthier food in my system. I need to cut down on expenses on food if ever I am going to live on my own.

And so, I have started the morning routine of eating overnight oats, which would be coupled with chia seeds, milk, and any fruits I can find in the fridge. I did try to cook my oats so as to give myself options. Alas, the pain of waking even earlier to prepare breakfast is seriously not my thing.

1.5 months into the routine of eating overnight oats, I think my body has adjusted to it. In the name of moderation, I have imbued cheat days on weekends so that such a eating habit can be sustainable.

The next step is to have more control over lunch... 

No comments:

Post a Comment