Saturday, December 9, 2017

Taking leave

Have you decided how you would want to spend the month of Dec 2017?

Had my first Christmas gathering for the year with my NUS cell homies. " Are you taking leave?", "Are you going on a holiday?", " Why are you not going overseas?" etc are the usual questions.

Yes, I will be taking leave, and no I am not going on a holiday. And there should be no shame in saying that. And no, my homies didn't judge me for it. They know that taking a break doesn't mean you have to travel. 

However, it does seems that travelling overseas to get away has become part and parcel of our generation. You need not cower to peer pressure. If you are on some saving goals, just focus on that. If you don't have a place that you are dying visit, why go? If you want to go somewhere, go for a short getaway?

Since I will be on leave for most of Dec, I have decided to do a few things. Read up on retirement planning, investment. I hope to create a current account for my cheque book and investment. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment