Sunday, January 29, 2017

Purpose

I must say I have been spared the growing up pains till recently.

It was about 2 - 3 years ago (34 going to 35 years old) that I became rather conscious and struggle with thoughts/desires such as career progression, purchase of a house, amount of money in the bank, retirement etc. Prior to the 'awakening', I was happy to just move along in life. I am happier with whatever I have.

Imagine my anguish when these awakened thoughts/desires started to overwhelm me. I felt puny and unaccomplished in life in comparison to my peers.

Knowing that I have a God who is my shepherd and I would never be in want, put the chaotic mind to rest. He brought me back to a perspective - He is with me. It is never too late to reassess how I am living my life. It is not about the money that I have in my bank account that matters to Him. It is how I choose to honour with the things that He has placed in my hands that matters.

So here I am, embarking on this journey to simply and declutter to honour Him.

I have started this blog to note down my thoughts and milestones achieved. If you are reading this, I hope you will be blessed and encouraged. Please know you are not alone on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment